Strength & Conditioning Manager & Coach
A familiar face and an active part of the Nanaimo community, Curtis joins the Island Optimal Performance team as the former owner of Over the Hurdle Athletics.
Curtis believes that to find your passion, stick to what you love, and know what you are good at. When you veer off the path, go back to it. Be relentless in your goals, and create a path for success. Curtis’ success and passion shows in all he does and has accomplished, including:
- Completing his B.A. in Sport, Health and Physical Education at VIU
- Completed his B.Ed at VIU
- Played 4 years of football with the Vancouver Island Raiders football club
- Won 3 national titles, 4 provincial titles, 2 all conference for best O-lineman, and 1 All-Canadian for best O-lineman in the Country
- Signed to Calgary Stampeders Football Club (CFL)
But don't let Curtis' strong exterior fool you, he truly has a heart of gold and was rewarded with the National Community Service Award for his volunteer service in the community.
Curtis believes the key to leading a healthy and active lifestyle starts with walking the walk in any given field in order to create something great. Emulating your coach is what we all look to do, and it becomes what you know. For him, Curtis makes sure to hit the gym, throw some weights around, and hit the ground running 2-3 times a week to maintain an active lifestyle. More recently Curtis has even been implementing yoga into his weekly routine.